OPENING OF ACCOUNT/FUNDING
Opening of Account :
On receipt of duly completed Account Opening Form along with Introduction and verification/attestation of required documents :
Required Documents :
- 1. The Bank’s prescribed NRI account opening form completely filled in and signed by the depositor.
- 2. Two recent passport size recent photograph of the depositor (one each in case of joint account) and signed across.
- Appropriate document in support of NRI or PIO status of the applicant.
Appropriate Documents in support For NRIs :
- Photocopy of Passport with valid Visa.
- Photocopy of employment certificate/contract wherever applicable or any other appropriate document like recent Rent receipt/ Salary slip from the employer/Income tax receipt etc. that confirms NRI status of the depositor.
For PIOs :
Photocopy of Indian passport or foreign passport with place of birth in India. If such passport is in the name of either of the parents or grand parents of the depositor, a supporting evidence of relationship must be submitted. Or
PIO Card or a certificate issued by Indian Embassy certifying that the
Applicant or either of his parents or grand parents are of Indian origin
with supporting evidence of relationship. Or
School/College/ University certificate of the depositor/parents/grand
parents with supporting evidence of relationship. Or
In case of spouse, the marriage certificate with supporting evidence of
maiden name. Or
any other appropriate document which confirms PIO status of the applicant.